ripe orange-fleshed melon
flat leaf parsley
For the dressing
lemon, juice of
black pepper, to taste
- Cut the melon in half, scoop out the seeds and cut the flesh into wedges.
- Slice the fruit from the skin then cut the flesh into thick cubes. Keep the pieces generously sized.
- Remove the rinds from the bacon. Grill the bacon - or fry it in a non-stick pan - until crisp, then drain on kitchen paper. Cut or break the bacon into pieces about 2 cm in length. Pull the leaves from the parsley and roughly chop.
- Dissolve the honey in the lemon juice, season with a few grinds of black pepper and beat in the olive oil with a fork or small whisk.
- Add the bacon and parsley to the melon. Pour over the dressing and gently toss, trying not to break up the melon. Divide between two plates and serve.