shredded cooked chicken
( or browned ground beef)
1 (8 ounce) packages
shredded Mexican blend cheese
( 2 cups)
shredded cheddar cheese
( 4 oz)
sweet red peppers, chopped
12 (6 inch)
1 (19 ounce) cans
red enchilada sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Place cooked chicken in a large bowl. Add 1 cup of the Mexican cheese, all the cheddar cheese, 2 cups red peppers, chili powder, salt and cumin; toss to combine.
- Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels; place in a microwave and warm at 100% power for 2 minutes. Alternatively, wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and warm in heated 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together enchilada sauce and half-and-half in a small bowl. Spread 1/2 cup evenly in bottom of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Dip one side of a tortilla into sauce mixture in bowl; place, dipped side u, on a work surface. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture across center of tortilla; roll up, enclosing filling. Place, seam side down, in sauce in baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling. Pour remaining sauce mixture in bowl over enchiladas in dish.
- Chop remaining 1/2 cup red peppers. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup Mexican cheese over encholadas in dish. Top with chopped peppers. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake enchiladas in heated 350 oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil. Bake enchiladas, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until sauce is bubbly and cheese on top is melted.