1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans
10 1/2 ounces
water, added to prepare the consomme
chicken bouillon cubes
yellow bell pepper, chopped
fresh parsley, chopped
extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
egg whites, medium
- Mix the water, consommé and bullion in a soup pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add carrot, bell pepper, leeks, and parsley to the boiling broth, and continue to boil.
- After 5 minutes, add vinegar, lime juice and soy sauce. Continue to boil until carrots are tender.
- Add tofu and garlic salt to soup, and bring back to a boil for 3 minutes or so.
- Lower heat to medium, and drizzle egg whites into soup. Simmer until egg whites are firm.
- Serve hot. I had mine over a small quantity of whole wheat pasta, and that was pretty good.