1 (16 ounce) cartons
nonfat yogurt, no gelatin added
1 (20 ounce) cans
crushed pineapple, packed in own juice
flaked coconut, toasted
1 (9 inch)
prepared graham cracker crusts
( I use Recipe #96877.)
- The day before, place in yogurt in a strainer lined with cheesecloth or a yogurt strainer and place in the refrigerator; allowing to drain for 24 hours.
- Making sure to reserve the liquid, drain the pineapple in a stainer, pressing against sides to remove liquid.
- Soften the gelatin in 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice for 5 minutes; heat 1/2 cup of the remaining juice; add softened gelatin and stir to dissolve, cool slightly.
- Sprinkle the banana with lemon juice and toss to coat; place the coconut in a dry skillet and over medium heat toast lightly.
- Place the yogurt cheese in a medium-sized bowl, gently stir in sugar with a fork or wire whisk; gradually add the gelatin mixture and continue stirring until well blended.
- Fold in the drained pineapple, bananas and toasted coconut.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust, chill several hours or until set.