1 (1/4 ounce) envelope
active dry yeast
( 110-115 degrees)
2 -3 cups
fresh ground pepper
garlic cloves, minced
olive oil, plus extra for brushing and kneading
sugar, for the topping
cheese, any that you like
1 cup pizza sauce (or any sauce that you like, it's up to you!) or 1 cup alfredo sauce (or any sauce that you like, it's up to you!) or 1 cup
( or any sauce that you like, it's up to you!)
- For the dough: in a medium bowl, combine the yeast sugar and water.
- Whisk until all the yeast is melted.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Add two cups of the flour, salt, pepper, garlic and olive oil.
- Stir with your hands until the dough holds together.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled surface (use oil not flour as it lends a crunchier crust). Knead until the dough is smooth about 8-10 minutes.
- Shape into a ball and let stand in an oiled bowl covered in a warm place for about an hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- Punch down the dough and transfer again to a lightly oiled surface.
- Divide the dough into to equal pieces.
- Stretch the dough with your hands until the dough is about 1/8 inch thick.
- Slide the dough to a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Slide the dough onto the grill and cook uncovered directly over a medium heat until the grill marks are clearly visible.
- Brush the dough with olive oil.
- The crust may bubble but that is ok as it will deflate as you turn it.
- Turn the dough and brush again with olive oil.
- Top first with your cheese choice as the cheese will melt evenly being put on first.
- Next add you sauce and then toppings.
- Grill for about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
- It is best after you add the toppings to close the grill and view every three minutes until the cheese is melted.
- I did not specify a quantity for the cheese as everyone likes different amounts of cheese.
- Let the pizza rest a few minutes before cutting it.
- I added minced garlic to my olive oil for brushing.