ground lean pork
( lean and finely ground)
( or water if you must)
( light to heavy)
- Combine 1st 7 ingredients (pork through pepper); blend thoroughly.
- Gently stir in club soda and shape meat into small balls using your hands.
- Heat butter in a non-stick skillet. Brown pork balls on all sides. Lower heat & cook gently about 20 minutes or till done. Transfer pork balls hot serving dish and keep warm.
- Add cream to pan juices. Bring to a quick boil (stirring constantly) and pour over pork balls.
- NOTE #1: Frickadeller are eaten at room temp as an appy or hot as a main-dish. If served at room temp, omit sauce from prep. While not a part of the recipe, my experience here has been that room temp meatballs are served w/a berry preserves dipping sauce and I think a berry chutney would also work well.
- NOTE #2: This is definitely a calorie and fat content splurge when served hot. The recipe suggested boiled or browned potatoes + pickled beets to accompany them.