reduced sodium soy sauce
minced peeled fresh ginger
boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of all visible fat, cut into 2-inch pieces
red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
cooked brown rice
- Make sauce: bring soy sauce, mirin, sugar, ginger, and garlic to boil in small saucepan.
- Cook over med-high heat until sauce thickens, about 5 minute.
- Remove from heat, set aside.
- Spray grill or broiler pan with nonstick spray.
- Thread chicken, bell peppers, and scallions on to skewers, alternating the ingredients.
- Grill or broil kebabs 5-inches from heat, frequently brushing with sauce, until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with the rice.
- 7 Points for 2 skewers and 1/2 cup rice.