extra virgin olive oil
fresh lime juice
jalapeno pepper, minced with seeds
black pepper, ground
1 1/2 lbs
large shrimp, peeled and deveined
( about 32)
salt, kosher or
- For the marinade: Whisk together the first 7 ingredients.
- Place shrimp in a large ziplock bag and add marinade, pressing out the air and tossing to coat.
- Refrigerate 30-45 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from bag, thread on skewers, and discard marinade. Sprinkle with salt.
- Grill over direct high heat until shrimp are just opaque this is one to 2 minutes per side. Watch carefully because shrimp overcook so quickly.
- Remove from grill and serve warm with lime wedges.