warm apple juice
( I used apple cider)
( recipe calls for Enova Oil)
packed brown sugar, divided
granny smith apple, peeled and thinly sliced
( about 1 1/2 cups)
1 1/4 cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine oats, apple juice and oil in a small bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Stir in egg whites and vanilla.
- Pour margarine in the bottom of a 9-inch cake pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar. Arrange apple slices spoke-like on top of brown sugar, working from the center of pan to edge.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine 3/4 cup brown sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl, stir with a whisk. Add oat mixture; stir just until moist. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Place a plate upside down on top of cake; invert onto plate. Cut into wedges. Makes 8 servings.