2 (1/4 ounce) envelope
active dry yeast
luke warm water
6 -7 cups
- Soften yeast in luke warm water, Cool.
- Place shortening, sugar and salt in a large.
- Add boiling water, stir until fat is melted & sugar is dissolved.
- Cool until luke warm then add yeast.
- Beat in unbeaten eggs.
- Stir in 1/2 flour, mix until smooth.
- Add remaining flour, mix til smooth.
- Place dough in greased bowl, turn dough over to coat with oil.
- Chill 2 to 24 hours.
- Shape as desired and place in greased pans.
- Brush w/melted butter.
- Set in warm place.
- When doubled in bulk, bake in preheated oven.
- Brush with melted butter after removing from the oven.
- 425 F 15 to 20 min., small rolls.
- 425 F 20 to 25 min., med. rolls.
- 400 F 25 to 30 min., lg. rolls.