1 large tart apples or 2 small
tart apples, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
2 teaspoons almond oil (we used canola) or 2 teaspoons
( we used canola)
1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese or 1 ounce
chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Toss apple slices with oil and sugar in a large bowl.
- Grill the apple slices until just tender and lightly marked, turning once, about 6 minutes total.
- Shave cheese into thin strips with a vegetable peeler.
- Top the apple slices with a sprinkling of cheese and nuts and drizzle with honey.