salt and pepper
Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
seasoned garlic salt
grated parmesan cheese
fresh sliced mushroom
2 -3 tablespoons
( depending on amount of gravy desired)
- Mix flour, breadcrumbs, parmesean cheese, and seasonings in a bowl.
- Dip steaks into a small amount of milk and then dredge in the flour mixture.
- Place 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil in frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook steaks for 5 minutes on one side (cooking time depends on thickness of steak).
- The juices from the steak might soak up the flour, so before you flip the steaks add some more of the flour mixture, patting it down with a spatula.
- When brown, flip over and continue to cook for another 3 mintues (again cooking time varies).
- When finished cooking, remove steaks and keep warm.
- FOR GRAVY:.
- Once steaks are finished cooking add a small amount of oil (most of oil, if not all, will have been used in cooking the steaks) and cook the mushrooms.
- Add 1/4 water, salt&pepper, and continue cooking.
- Make sure to get all of the scraps from the sides of the pan that the steaks left into the liquid you are cooking the mushrooms in.
- When most of liquid is cooked off, sprinkle remaining flour over mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
- Add milk and cook until thickened to your liking.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy!