boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 1/2 tablespoons
shallot, finely chopped
whole grain Dijon mustard
2 1/2 tablespoons
fresh tarragon, chopped
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts and sauté until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to platter.
- Tent with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add shallots to same skillet and sauté 1 minute.
- Add vermouth and mustard and bring to simmer.
- Add cream and 1 1/2 tablespoons tarragon.
- Simmer until slightly thickened, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet.
- Simmer until chicken is heated through, about 1 minute.
- Transfer chicken and sauce to platter.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon tarragon and serve.