1 fresh green chilies, sliced crosswise into thin slices (optional) or 1/4 teaspoon
red chili powder
firmly packed chopped cilantro
1 1/4 teaspoons
2 1/2 teaspoons
1 1/2 teaspoons
salt (optional) or
- Cut the cauliflower into tiny florets.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, stir-fry ginger puree and turmeric for 2 minutes, adding a few drops of water if mixture begins to stick.
- Add chili, and/or red chili powder, and cilantro, stir-frying an additional 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes, adding a teaspoon of water if mixture starts to dry.
- Add remaining ingredients and 4 tablespoons water.
- Stir for 3-4 minutes, then reduce heat, cover pan, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 40 minutes more or until cauliflower is fork-tender.