yukon gold potatoes
1 1/2 teaspoons
white wine vinegar
1 bunch green onions, sliced or 3 stalks
celery, thinly sliced
black pepper, freshly ground
- Scrub the potatoes and slice in half.
- Drizzle olive oil on a jelly roll pan and sprinkle with salt. Lay potatoes cut side down and swish around a bit to coat with oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees until easily pierced with a knife - 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place eggs in a pot and put in enough cold water to cover by one inch. Bring to a slow boil. Once water has boiled, cover and remove from heat. Let sit 12 minutes and then drain and run cold water over the eggs for about a minute.
- Cut bacon into a dice and fry until crumbly. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and place on paper towells to drain. Reserve a Tbsp of drippings.
- When the potatoes are ready, remove from oven and cool just until you can work with them witout swearing :) Cut the potatoes into cubes and place in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice (from one lemon), the vinegar and the reserved drippings over the potatoes and toss. Set aside to cool for a bit while you slice the vegetables and peel and dice the eggs.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together, adding just enough mayo to hold everything together and mix, smashing some of the potatoes with the back of the spoon to add texture. Season to taste with the pepper and more salt if necessary.