fresh mint leaves
sugar, per cup of juice
1 1/2 cups
- Wash and clean berries.
- Make a strong tea by placing the mint leaves in a saucepan and adding the water, then bringing to a boil.
- As soon as it begins to boil, remove from heat, cover, and allow to sit steeping for 10 minutes.
- Strain the leaves out and measure ½ cup of the tea
- Crush berries in bottom of saucepan and combine with the mint tea.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain mixture through a jelly bag.
- Measure the captured juice and add sugar.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add pectin and stir constantly for 1 minute while at a full boil.
- Skim off foam and pour into hot, sterile jelly jars and seal.
- Process 5 minutes in water bath.