fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
reduced sodium soy sauce
smooth peanut butter
garlic clove, finely chopped
scallion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh lemon or 1 tablespoon
dark sesame oil
8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti or 8 ounces
thin buckwheat noodle
carrot, finely shredded
toasted sesame seeds
- Combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, peanut butter and garlic in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the scallion, lemon juice and sesame oil.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain; rinse under warm running water and drain again.
- Combine the spaghetti, the sauce, carrot and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- Toss gently to mix.
- Serve warm or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Bring to room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
- 3 Points for 2/3 cup.
- Sesame Seeds:.
- To toast sesame seeds, place them in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Watch them carefully when toasting; seeds can burn quickly.