1 1/2-2 cups
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional) or 1 teaspoon
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional) or 1/2 cup peanut butter chips, and (optional) or 1/2 cup
1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxes
chocolate cake mix
( any can be used)
( may use less as reported by some but we like sweet)
- In one bowl mix all ingredients. Will have some lumps and that is ok. As we age those lumps are badges of honor!
- Pour into 2 greased and floured bread loaf pans or 1 loaf pan and 12 muffin cups (lined).
- Cook for 45 minutes at 350°F.
- Muffins 25 minutes at 350°F.
- * Elevation and fuel will vary temps and times. (ex. my propane oven 45 minutes, my DD electric oven 53 min for loaves and similar for muffins).
- ** Tastes great with orange flavor as well, DD made with strawberry cake mix.
- *** NOT as dense as a quick bread but tastes oh so good and light.
- An aditional note: this freezes very well as muffins or bread/cake. I double wrap in plastic and then into a freezer bag. To thaw i take out of freezer bag and let come to room temp, take off plastic and set on paper towels to absorb any excess moisture. To warm just put into a warmed oven or microwave for 30 seconds in a paper towel.