cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain, dice and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Remove stems from mushrooms setting caps aside. Chop stems.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add mushroom stems and onion. Cook until onion is soft.
- In medium bowl, combine the bacon, 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese and the cooked mushroom stem/onion mixture. Mix well.
- Divide mixture among mushroom caps.
- Bake in preheated oven approximately 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese.