fresh rose petals
baking parchment paper or
- Please note, in order to have this recipe posted, I had to put in quantities - they are approximate, depending on how many petals you are crystallising!
- Use a fork to lightly beat the egg white and use the paint brush to ensure all surfaces of the petal is then covered. Use the tweezers to hold the petal.
- Then dust the petal evenly with the sugar, place on the baking parchment/greaseproof paper so they are not touching and leave to dry in a warm room.
- It will take approx 2 hours to dry.
- Store them in an airtight tin, in between greasepoof paper for up to 3-4 months.
- Use the rose petals to decorate cakes, trifles and desserts.
- These make a wonderful gift also!