small potatoes, halved
extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 lbs
chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
( or tenders)
shallots, thinly sliced
apple cider vinegar
apricot preserves, big fruit pieces chopped
fresh dill, chopped
( or snipped)
- In a medium pot, add the potatoes and enough cold water to cover by 1 inch.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- Salt the water, lower the heat and simmer the potatoes, uncovered, until fork-tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are working, in a large skillet, heat the oil, 2 turns of the pan, over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook in the skillet, turning once, until browned, 2 minutes total.
- Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes. Add the vinegar and cook until slightly reduced, 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, apricot preserves, honey and poppy seeds and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Drain the potatoes, return to their pot and add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the dill and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with the chicken.