whole wheat penne, cooked according to package
rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded
summer squash, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
1 (8 ounce) packages
frozen sugar snap peas
goat cheese, crumbled
sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
garlic clove, minced finely
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Boil pasta and drain but be sure to reserve some pasta water for later.
- Combine vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper and whisk in oil.
- Place squash and zucchini on a baking sheet and brush with balsamic vinaigrette. Roast in oven for about 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- Brush tomatoes with vinaigrette and add to the pan after about 5 minutes of roasting the other vegetables.
- Meanwhile heat sugar snap peas according to package directions.
- Once vegetables are finished cooking add them to the boiled pasta. Then add sugar snap peas, sundried tomatoes, and goat cheese.
- Drizzle extra balsamic vinaigrette over pasta and add about 1/4 - 1/2 cup pasta water. Toss pasta and serve.