3 jalapenos or 3
serrano chili peppers
dry roasted peanuts
- Stir together soy sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Core lettuce and thinly slice. Arrange on individual serving plates.
- Mince the garlic. Remove stem and seeds from peppers and mince. Peel the orange, remove the white pith, and coarsely chop. Thinly slice the beef. Chop the peanuts.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Quickly stir-fry beef in batches until browned on the outside and slightly pink on the inside. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet and cook peppers and garlic for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Return the beef to the skillet and stir until well coated. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped orange.
- Spoon mixture over lettuce and sprinkle chopped peanuts over top. Serve warm.