fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
fresh wax beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
red onion, cut into crescents
( my addition)
pepper bacon, crisply cooked, drained
extra virgin olive oil
green Tabasco jalapeno sauce
garlic clove, peeled and minced finely
( reduced from 1/2 teaspoon)
- Cook the beans in a large pot of rapidly boiling salted water for approximately 10 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- In a large non-reactive bowl combine the vinaigrette ingredients and whisk.
- Drain the beans, place in a large non-reactive bowl and toss them with the vinaigrette. Allow mixture to marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- On a large platter arrange the lettuce greens. Spoon the beans on the lettuce greens .
- Arrange the red onion crescents on top of the beans.
- Crumble the cooked bacon and garnish on top of the salad.