salt and pepper, to taste
1 -2 teaspoon
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional) or 1/4 cup
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
center-cut pork chops, about 1/2 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel potatoes, slice 1/4 inch thick and cover with cold water.
- Slice onion into very thin slices. Cut slices in half.
- Make The White Sauce:.
- Melt butter; remove from heat.
- Stir in flour and add salt and pepper.
- Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly.
- Add milk, 1 cup at a time.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 to 2 minutes, then let stand at least 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in parsley or chives, if desired.
- Drain potatoes.
- Layer half the potatoes in a well-greased 15 x 10 inch casserole dish(I use 9 x 13 and it's fine).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scatter half of onion slices on top of potatoes.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes and onions.
- Cover potatoes with white sauce.
- Cover casserole dish with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes on high OR bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Mix together flour and seasoned salt and dredge pork chops in flour mixture.
- Lightly brown chops in vegetable oil. *Do not cook them completely*.
- As chops are removed from frying pan, lay them on top of the potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 45-60 minutes.
- The juices from the pork chops will drip down into the potatoes and taste oh-so-yummy!