fresh ground black pepper
of your favorite fresh herbs
( such as dill and parsley or rosemary, basil, and oregano, chopped)
2 tablespoons green onions or 2 tablespoons
shallots, finely chopped
sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Combine dry ingredients, herbs, green onions or shallots and cheese; stir to mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs lightly; add oil and milk, and mix well.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Add liquid ingredients with zucchini to flour mixture and stir just until all ingredients are moistened; do not overmix.
- Pour into a greased and floured 8- by 4-inch loaf pan, and smooth top of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let loaf stand for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.