corned beef brisket
garlic cloves, smashed
shallots, peeled and halved
Harp lager beer
( anything not light)
( Jameson or Bushmill)
carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch
red potatoes, in 2-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Place corned beef in large roasting pan (w/lid).
- Add garlic, shallots, spices, beer and whiskey.
- Cover and place in the oven.
- Braise 3 hours, turning the meat once.
- After 3 hours, add carrots, potatoes and dill.
- Cover again and braise additional 2 hours.
- Allow to stand 5-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.