unsalted butter, at room temperature
dried lavender blossoms
dried spearmint, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8-inch square baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil and coating the foil lightly with a vegetable oil spray.
- Cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the sugar, lavender, spearmint and cinnamon.
- Work in the flour and blend until the mixture is crumbly.
- Scrape it into the prepared pan and spread until level, pressing lightly to compact it evenly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges.
- Gently lift both the foil and shortbread out of the pan onto a cutting surface.
- Slice the bars with a serrated knife.
- transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in a tightly sealed tin.