lean ground beef
1 (28 ounce) jars
traditional style spaghetti sauce
1 (15 ounce) cans
dry lasagna noodles
( I cook a few extra just in case a noodle or two self destructs)
2 (6 ounce) packages
deli-style mozzarella cheese, sliced
( you'll need 12 slices total)
grated parmesan cheese
1 (8 ounce) packages
shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain fat.
- Sprinkle meat with onion powder.
- Add spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Mix well. Set aside.
- Drain noodles.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Add a layer of sauce to pan.
- Top sauce with 3 lasagna noodles.
- Top noodles with more sauce.
- Top sauce with enough mozzarella cheese slices to cover in a single layer (6 slices).
- Top cheese with 3 more noodles, sauce, 6 more cheese slices.
- Top cheese with remaining 3 noodles and sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top Parmesan with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes (watch closely after 30 minutes to make sure cheese does not over brown).
- Let sit 10-15 minutes before serving.