beef flank steak
1 (297.66 g) jar
garlic cloves, minced
coarse kosher salt
sweet onions, cut into thin slices
- Place flank steak flat on large shallow pan. Cut both sides of beef into diamond pattern 1/8th inch deep.
- In medium saucepan, combine pepper jelly, garlic, kosher salt and Worcestershire sauce. Heat mixture to simmer, stirring constantly until jelly melts and all ingredients are heated through. Reserve two-thirds of glaze. Brush both sides of steak with remaining one third of the glaze. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- In large skillet, sauté onions in oil until softened; add 1/2 of the reserved glaze and continue to sauté until onions are a deep golden brown and caramelized. Keep warm.
- Set oven to broil. Broil beef 2 to 3 inches from heat until brown, about 5 minutes. Turn beef; brush with remaining glaze and broil 5 minutes longer.
- Cut beef across the grain at slanted angle into thin slices; serve with caramelized onions. Enjoy!