1 1/2 lbs
( halibut also works nicely)
onion, sliced thin
carrot, sliced thin
fresh cilantro, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
gingerroot, fresh, grated
lemon juice, fresh squeezed
( 6-8 lemons)
chile, minced, seeds removed
( I like to use large heirlooms)
( more, to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse fish and set aside. Prepare a nonreactive dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange carrots and onions in dish and lay fish directly on top. Sprinkle them lightly with salt.
- Combine cilantro, garlic, ginger, cumin, lemon juice, chile and half of the chopped tomatoes into a food processor and puree to form a sauce that is smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the fish and veggies and top with the remaining tomatoes.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve on top of couscous. Enjoy!