chicken breast halves, bone in, skin on
( 1 1/2 whole)
fresh ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups
dry white wine
( recommended Major Gray's)
mild curry powder, to taste
( recipe calls for 3 T, however use a little at a time)
( 2 large stalks)
chopped scallion, white and green parts
( 2 scallions)
toasted salted cashews, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the chicken breasts on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and shred the chicken in pieces.
- For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, wine, chutney, curry powder(** use a little at at time!), and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
- Process until smooth.
- Combine the chicken with enough dressing to moisten well.
- Add the celery, scallions, and raisins, and mix well.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Add the cashews to the chicken.
- Fill the center of each tortilla with the chicken mixture.
- Fold the 2 sides of the tortilla over the filling so that the sides overlap.
- Roll the tortilla from bottom to top, and cut in half diagonally.