( weight after pitting, see note)
super gelling sugar
( Dr. Oetker's, see note)
( each about 2 inches long)
- Pit the mirabelles and weight 720 grams. Puree them to a degree you would like th fruit to be in your jam. I use the food processor for mashing.
- Put them mirabelle puree into a suited pot and add the super gelling sugar and mix.
- Cut the vanilla bean in half and scrap out the seeds. Put seeds aside.
- Add vanilla bean halves and the rosemary sprigs to the fruit mixture. Bring mixture to a boil over medium high heat stirring constantly. Cook for 4 minutes strirring all the time.
- Take from heat and remove rosemary sprigs and vanilla bean halves.
- Add lime juice and vanilla seeds and mix.
- Fill into prepared twist off preserving jars and close jars. Let stand for 1 minute and then turn up side down. Let stand for 10 minutes and turn over again. Let cool completely.
- NOTE on "Dr. Oetker's Super Gelling Sugar 3:1". Dr. Oetker is a well known brand in Germany. There are several gelling sugars available. The "3:1" super gelling sugar already contains pectin and you only need 1/3 of sugar. If you can't get it, you could also use Dr. Oetker's 2:1 super gelling sugar (the use 360 g sugar). Follow the instructions on the package.
- NOTE on "yellow plums". Use mirabelles, which are very small yellow plums. They are different from plums though. Mirabelles is not recognized as an ingredient. So I used the term yellow plums.