strawberry, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut butter into small cubes and blend with a pastry blender until it resembles oatmeal (or small peas, if you don't like oatmeal).
- Add the orange zest and strawberries.
- Then slowly and gradually add the cream while mixing with a fork.
- As soon as the flour starts to come together into a dough, remove from the bowl and form into a ball.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and knead gently four or five times.
- Then shape with your hands (or a rolling pin) into an 8x10" rectangle.
- Cut the rectangle lengthwise into two 4x10" rectangles.
- Cut each of those into 6 or 7 triangles and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with softened butter, jam, creme fraiche or just as they are!