2 1/4 cups
zucchini, peeled seeded, diced, cooked drained
2 (9 inch)
deep dish pie shells
( homemade or frozen store bought)
- Peel and slice zucchini and place in boiling water. When tender, remove and rinse with cool water to stop the cooking and for easy handling.
- Pull out seeds so only the flesh of the zucchini is left.
- Put all the ingredients into a large blender.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Pour into unbaked pie shells.
- Sprinkle well with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10minutes then 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cool on the counter for approximately 1 hour.
- Refrigerate well and serve.
- Its always best topped with whipped cream.