light whole wheat bread
butterball fat free turkey
shredded fat free mozzarella cheese, the kroger store brand is great
white onion, chopped
shredded romaine lettuce
fat-free Miracle Whip
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray
- Place the onions in a bowl and add a couple of teaspoons of water- I also like to add a boullion cube for extra flavor (+5 calories), but be careful with this if you're watching sodium.
- Cover with plastic wrap and nuke onions for about 3-5 minutes or until floppy.
- Meanwhile, spray one side of each slice of bread with the butter spray.
- Lay one piece spray-side down in a skillet and top with the cheese.
- You might want to add a squirt of spray over the cheese if the kind you use doesn't melt well.
- When the onions are done, take them out and spoon them over the cheese on the bread.
- Next, add the 3 slices of turkey.
- Spread the unsprayed side of the other slice of bread with the Miracle Whip (or fat free mayo) and the mustard.
- Place this slice on top- spray side up!
- Heat the skillet over medium heat, toasting the sandwich a couple of minutes on either side or until golden brown.
- When done, remove the sandwich, peel apart, stuff in the lettuce, smoosh back together, and CHOW DOWN!
- I included calorie and fat counts for every ingredient so that it will be easy to make substitutions and still know the exact nutritional information- I realize that not everyone loves onions as much as I do!
- Some other good ingredients are roasted bell peppers, mushrooms, tomato, or anything else you love!