olive oil, divided
1 1/2 cups
3 (28 ounce) cans
Italian plum tomatoes, drained
finely chopped fresh basil
1 1/2 teaspoons
crushed red pepper flakes
reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 1/2 cups
packed grated havarti cheese
sliced black olives
grated parmesan cheese
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy Dutch oven; add onion and garlic and saute 5 minutes.
- Mix in tomatoes, oregano and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, breaking up tomatoes with the back of the spoon.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta until just tender; drain and return to same pot, toss with remaining oil.
- Pour sauce over pasta, toss to blend.
- Mix in Havarti cheese and transfer to a 13x9x3 baking dish. Sprinkle with olives, basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes in preheated 375 degree oven.
- Note: Can be made ahead and refrigerated. Increase baking time to 1 hour.