dried ziti pasta
( about 1 cup)
lean ground beef
14 1/2 ounces
diced tomatoes, undrained
nonfat beef broth
garlic cloves, minced
frozen green beans, thawed
( about 8 ounces)
shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to pasta directions. Omit oil and salt if required for your dietary requirements.
- Cook beef in nonstick skillet until brown, breaking up the meat while cooking. Drain meat and run under hot water. Wipe skillet with paper towels and put beef back into skillet.
- Add onions to beef and cook until onions are soft about 3-4 minutes. Stir as needed.
- Stir in tomatoes (do not drain), broth, tomato paste, oregano and garlic. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix mixture with pasta and green beans and half of the cheese.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and bake uncovered at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.
- TO FREEZE: Undercook pasta slightly. Freeze fully assembled. Fully thaw dish and let come to almost room temp before putting in 350 oven. Cook until heated through.
- Serving is approx 1.5 cups.