sweet baking chocolate, chopped
butter flavor shortening
instant coffee granules
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan, heat and stir chocolate and shortening over very low heat until chocolate begins to melt. Remove from heat and add coffee granules. Stir until smooth. Cool.
- Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until light and lemon colored (3 to 4 minutes).
- Beat in cooled chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- On low speed, beat in chopped pecans, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Drop teaspoons of dough 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- If desired, place a pecan halve atop each cookie.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- or until just set on surface (do not overbake).
- Cool 1 to 2 minutes, transfer to racks. Cool completely.
- If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.