( raw cane)
( use the substitute)
( Earth Balance)
- For the Evaporated Milk Substitute:.
- In a double boiler over gently boiling water combine the warm water and the Better Than Milk Soy Powder. Mix well with a whisk.
- When this is hot to the touch add in the cane sugar and stir gently until its dissolved.
- Remove from the saucepan and put in a dish and cool in the fridge.
- For the Vanilla Sauce:.
- In a heavy sauce pan combine the arrowroot flour and sugar.
- Stir in the Evaporated Milk Substitute.
- Cook this over medium heat until bubbly and boiling. Stir this constantly with a whisk for 2-3 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and add the Earth Balance margarine and vanilla (or other flavoring if you prefer).
- Bon Apetit!