1 (2 lb)
boneless pork roast
salt & pepper
carrots, peeled & chopped
2 cups onions, sliced or 24 small
white pearl onions
1 (12 ounce) bottles
1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon
juniper berries, crushed
- Brown the roast on all sides in a dutch oven in the heated olive oil, as you turn the roast season with salt& pepper.
- Drain off any fat.
- Sprinkle the veggies with the flour.
- Add the veggies to the pot and the bay leaf.
- Add the beer.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add cloves, thyme& juniper berries.
- Cook covered for apprx 1 1/4 hours or until the meat is tender and apprx 160F in the center of the roast.
- Remove the roast from the pot.
- Skim off any fat.
- Puree the sauce (if the sauce is soupy reduce it by cooking longer until there is apprx 1 cup before you puree it).
- Slice the roast& serve with the onion sauce.