( for frying)
boneless pork chops, pounded thin
salt & pepper
1 cup dashi broth or 1 cup
- Heat vegetable oil 1-inch deep in frying pan or wok to 340F or until a few breadcrumbs dropped into the middle of the oil surface immediately.
- Trim off fat from the pork and pound it to make it thin.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dust first with flour, then dip into the beaten egg, then the panko crumbs.
- Fry in the oil until light brown--about 4 minutes/side.
- Drain on paper towels and then cut into 1" strips.
- Mix the broth ingredients together in a bowl.
- Then heat 1/4 of the broth in a separate skillet, bringing it just to a boil.
- Add the slices of 1 pork cutlet and cook one minute.
- When the broth has fully coated the cutlet, pour one portion of the beaten eggs into the skillet and stir.
- Add 2 Tbsp. green peas and cook 30 seconds more.
- Place one serving of rice into a deep bowl, then remove the cutlet and egg mixture from the skillet and place over the rice.
- Repeat this for the remaining servings.