bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick
( use mascarpone if you have it)
ripe sweet peach, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
freshly ground nutmeg
( to garnish)
- Slather 1 side of each bread slice with cream cheese.
- On 2 bread slices, arrange peaches accordion style; sprinkle peaches with sugar and nutmeg.
- Close up the sandwiches.
- Spread butter on 1 side of the bread.
- Put butter side down in medium-hot frying pan.
- Carefully butter top bread slices.
- Toast on each side until bread is golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar if desired.