Italian tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
garlic cloves, chopped
fresh basil, chopped
salt and pepper
- Put the barbecue to high heat.
- In a big bowl, mix tomatoes and 2/3 cup of oil. Salt and pepper.
- Put enough pieces of tomatoes on the grill to cover it completely and grill about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and put on a baking sheet. Let cool down.
- Grill this way all the tomatoes, then peel them with fingers and press carefully to remove the seeds. Set aside in a bowl.
- Mash coarsely tomatoes with hands or a mash potatoes.
- In a big casserole, tenderize onion and garlic in the remaining oil. Add the peeled tomatoes and bay leaves. Bring to boil and let simmer to medium heat for about 2 minutes stirring frequently. Salt and pepper. Add the basil. Adjust seasoning. Serve on pasta.