chopped dried figs
maraschino cherry, chopped
- In blender, blend figs, cherries, pecans and Amaretto; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or a fork.
- Add eggs, vanilla and milk; mix well.
- Roll out strips of dough and cut into 2x4-inch rectangles.
- Place a teaspoonful of filling onto each rectangle.
- Roll so that short ends make the seam and place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- Do not over bake!
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- To make icing, mix a small bowl of powdered sugar with very little water.
- Add water a little at a time until icing is a smooth constancy that can spread easily, but not runny.
- Ice cookies and add sprinkles.
- Store up to 3 weeks in tins until ready to serve.