butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped
stock, any is fine
celery ribs, chopped
2 (400 g) cans
- Heat oven to 220°C.
- Roast tomatoes and pumpkin with a splash of oil for 40 minutes or till very soft.
- Blend pumpkin and tomatoes with 1 cup of stock till smooth.
- Pass through sieve to remove skin and seeds.
- In a large pot heat a splash of oil and cook all the other chopped veggies for 5 - 10 minutes till soft.
- Add canned tomatoes and 1 remaining cup of stock.
- Simmer 25 minutes.
- Use a stick blender and blend both mixtures together or whiz till smooth in a food processor.
- Add chopped herbs if you like and season to taste.
- Serve over pasta of your choice.