( 1 bulb)
( 1 onion)
olive oil, extra virgin
( I like Spanish)
fresh basil, chopped
( approx. 2 1/2 pounds)
pepper, freshly ground
- In a large saute pan over medium-low heat, cook onions and fennel in the olive oil for about 10 minutes (until vegetables are soft.).
- Add garlic to vegetables and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to the mix and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and wine and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add basil, butter and capers and saute for one more minute.
- Brush swordfish with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill on high heat for five minutes per side.
- Serve fish on top of sauce in a pasta bowl/dish. Garnish with fresh basil.
- Enjoy with a nice glass of white wine!