eggplant, sliced 1/2 inch thick diagonally
extra virgin olive oil
garlic clove, finely chopped
salt and pepper
provolone cheese, sliced
pesto sauce, of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss eggplant slices with olive oil, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few pinches pepper.
- Lay eggplant on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with the balsamic vinegar.
- Cut baguette in half lengthwise and hollow out the center.
- Brush both sides generously with pesto, then lay eggplant in bottom in overlapping slices.
- Follow with an overlapping layer of tomatoes and sprinkle them lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place the cheese on top and follow with the lettuce.
- Place the top of the baguette on the sandwich and slice diagonally into 4 sandwiches.