russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups whipping cream or 1 1/2 cups
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons
garlic, minced or pressed
1 1/2 cups
swiss cheese, shredded
- Butter a shallow 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Arrange potato slices in pan so that they overlap slightly and are level.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine cream with butter and garlic; pour over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 450°F oven until potatoes are brown and tender when pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over potatoes and bake until cheese melts, 8 to 10 minutes longer.