- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make sure that the butter is at room temperature, or put the butter in the microwave for about 15 seconds just to soften it up.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated and you're left with a luscious chocolate dough.
- Make truffle-sized balls and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for exactly 8 minutes--no longer--no less.
- Let them cool.
- Enjoy! :).